- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® triple chocolate fudge cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
Garnish, if desired:
- 1/4 cup chocolate shavings
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat butter, melted chocolate and 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating on low speed until frosting is smooth and creamy. Spoon frosting into decorating bag; refrigerate until ready to use.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream, 1 cup powdered sugar and the Irish cream liqueur with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spoon whipped cream into second decorating bag; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut tips off decorating bags; place both bags in a larger decorating bag fitted with star tip. Squeeze bag to pipe frosting and whipped cream together on cupcakes. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Store in refrigerator.
If you don’t have decorating bags, or have difficulty piping the frosting and whipped cream together, simply spread the buttercream frosting on the cupcakes, then top with a swirl of the whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
If the frosting gets too soft for piping, refrigerate for 30 minutes and continue.
For a fun presentation, serve the cupcakes in large coffee cups.