From Betty Crocker:
Make a toast! This elegant champagne cupcake has a twist of lemon in the filling and glaze.
|Lemon Champagne Celebration Cupcakes|
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry champagne
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon curd (from 10-oz jar)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Make cake batter as directed on box, using cake mix, water, champagne, oil and eggs. Stir 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel into batter. Pour into pan.
- Bake 17 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not remove cake from pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Place pan of cake in freezer. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix lemon curd and sour cream until well blended. Set aside.
- To assemble cupcakes, remove cake from freezer; using foil, lift cake from pan. Using 2 1/4-inch round biscuit cutter, cut 24 rounds from cake. Place 12 rounds top side down. Spread each with about 1 teaspoon lemon curd filling. Top with remaining cake rounds, top side up.
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar, melted butter and lemon juice until well blended. Spoon about 1 tablespoon icing over each cake, allowing icing to run down sides of cake.
- To serve, place each cake in decorative cupcake liner, and garnish with lemon peel curls, if desired.