Bloggers Adam and Joanne Gallagher from Inspired Taste combine bright lemon with sweet blueberries in these tasty cheesecake bars.
|Lemon-Blueberry Cheesecake Bars|
- 9 graham cracker rectangles
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or Cascadian Farm® organic frozen blueberries (thawed) (from 8-oz bag)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 8- or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In food processor, place graham crackers, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon peel. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until crumbs form. Add melted butter. Cover; process with 3 to 4 pulses until incorporated. Press mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, wipe food processor with paper towel. Add cream cheese, eggs, 2 tablespoons lemon peel, the lemon juice and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Cover; process until smooth. Pour filling over crust. Top with blueberries.
- In medium bowl, mix topping ingredients with fork or fingers until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and center is almost set (center should jiggle only slightly when moved). Cool 1 hour on cooling rack. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. Cut into 3 rows by 3 rows. Store in refrigerator.
Replace the blueberries with blackberries or raspberries.
To chill the bars faster and make cutting them easier, place in the freezer for about 20 minutes.