I wanted to share this recipe with you because it’s fun, easy and pre-portioned! Here at DAMY I love taking classic recipes that normally would be off limits and giving them to you in a way that you can enjoy them again.
This recipe is wonderful because compared with a regular cheesecake I have cut down the fat from the cream cheese, cut the amount of sugar, used a healthy oil to make the chocolate and pre-portioned the bites with an ice cube tray.
If you’re craving cheesecake but you have goals this is a great option. You can make a little bit, have a couple here and there and still keep going with your health and fitness goals. Keeping food you love completely off-limits only leads to rebellious behaviour such as bingeing and begrudging your healthy lifestyle. Eating healthy is a positive experience. That means you can have your cheesecake and eat it too.
This recipe is no-bake, gluten free, skinny, portion control, vegan options, low-carb/low-sugar, 5 min prep and easy!
|Ice Cube Tray Chocolate Covered Cheesecakes|
- 1/4 Cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Light Cream Cheese
- 4 Packets Stevia (If you don’t mind the sugar substitute 2-3 Tbsp Agave, Honey or Maple Syrup)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Chocolate Coating Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa
- 6-8 Packets of Powdered Stevia (If you don’t mind the sugar substitute 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup, Honey or Agave)
- Blend Cheesecake ingredients until smooth in your food processor and set aside.
- In a separate food processor bowl blend Chocolate Coating ingredients until smooth.
- Spray a pre-chilled, clean ice cube tray with a healthy oil.
- Using a spoon pour the chocolate into each ice cube mold.
- Coat the bottom and the sides of each ice cube mold using your spoon.
- Tip – I picked up the ice cube tray and kind of tilted it around to make sure all the angles were covered. Make sure the molds are completely coated.
- Fill each ice cube mold with cheesecake filling.
- Top with a layer of chocolate coating.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and set on the counter for a minute or two.
- Gently twisting the ice cube tray, as you would to remove ice cubes, remove each cheesecake bite and place on a plate.