I have a new addiction. McDonald’s Cookie sticks. If you don’t know what I’m talking about check them out. The thing is I decided I should try to bake some so I could save up some money … Well I didn’t ended with anything like those Mcdonald’s cookie sticks but with those even better amazing gooey cookie sticks. Crispy on the outside , gooey on the inside … Amazing and addictive. I used only rapadura organic sugar but I think it would be better with light brown sugar because the taste of rapadura is really strong .
When the Boyfriend opened up the fridge and saw this cookie sheet and those 2 cookie dough logs I heard him right away: « OMG ! I think that what you’re baking looks amazing ! » . I answered him that I was trying to make cookie sticks so he replied that it was a hell of a cookie stick.I explained him that I was supposed to cut them in smaller sticks ». The Boyfriend final answer : « Please don’t do that ! ».
I managed to give them all .. or almost … I had one while still warm .. Pure gooeyness moment of Happiness .. and kept 2 more for me and the boyfriend. Well as I type this there is only one left for the Boyfriend .. Maybe when he’ll get home later none of those cookies would still remain in our kitchen though . No big deal I’ll bake some more !!
|Gooey Chocolate Chips and Pecans Cookie Sticks|
- 110g /4oz / 1/2 cup grape seed oil (or any other neutral oil)
- 165g / 6oz / 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 200g /7 oz / 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125 g /4.4 oz / 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 75g / 2.6 oz / 3/4 cup pecans
- Spread the pecans in a single layer on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake them at 325°F (160°C) for 10 minutes, until they are light brown and fragrant. Check the nuts frequently and stir them to ensure even toasting. Cool them prior to chop them. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Add the toasted chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half.
- On a parchment paper on a baking sheet, shape each portion into a 9-in. x 2-in. rectangle (and about 1inch in thickness) about 3 in. apart.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 minutes. (Bake slightly more or less depending on how you like your cookies.)