I decided to go back to basics and make something simple but delicious. Chocolate chip cookies immediately came to mind, because what is simpler and more delicious than the humble chocolate chip cookie? Nothing. Except for these mini chocolate chip cheesecake cookies, which are mind blowing-ly delicious and ridiculously easy to make.
Don’t be put off by the ingredients – I know it seems weird (and kinda wrong), but the cream cheese really works in this recipe! It doesn’t affect the flavor much, but gives your cookies an extra bit of creamy moistness that is simply divine. I’m definitely going to have to pawn these bite sized treats off on other people, because they are far too easy to eat.
|Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 10 tbsp butter (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons), softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, both sugars, egg, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing after each addition, until batter is smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon-sized scoops of dough onto sheet, at least 1 inch apart. ** At this size, you should get about 40 cookies.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown around edges.
- Enjoy one or two, then hide the rest immediately to avoid eating every last cookie in one sitting.