Refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough makes a base for a scrumptious nutty-caramel topping.
|Caramel Cashew Bars|
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 36 bars
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) Hershey’s® milk chocolate baking chips (2 cups)
- 1 container (18 oz) caramel apple dip (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1/4 cups Fisher® Cashew Halves and Pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. In ungreased 13×9-inch pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 3- to 4-quart saucepan, cook 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the dip over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and cashews.
- Spread cereal mixture over crust. In 1-quart saucepan, heat remaining chocolate chips and dip over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate until chocolate mixture is set, about 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 by 6 rows.