Get two fruits in one great-tasting quick bread. Savor this sweet, tempting bread all by yourself, or give it as a gift during the holidays.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom of loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
- Stir Bisquick, oats, sugar, bananas, milk and eggs in large bowl until moistened. Beat vigorously 30 seconds. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour into pan.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen loaf from sides of pan; remove from pan and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Cut into 24 slices. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Most quick breads are removed from their pans to a wire rack. This produces a drier, crisper surface. If left in the pan, the bread would become steamed and soft.
Try using fresh raspberries instead of the blueberries in this flavorful, moist bread.